24 Trucking Schools in Pennsylvania
Thursday, Oct 25 2018 admin
Pennsylvania is one great place to live if you are a truck driver. Here you have two dozen different trucking schools to choose from as you consider a trucking career. You can train with a professional trucking company, go to trucking school, or attend community college for training. It is all available here in the state of PA. Check out our comprehensive list of trucking schools in Pennsylvania as you consider where you want to get your CDL.
Trucking Companies in PA
There is one trucking company in this state that offers truck driver training:
- A Duie Pyle Truck Driving Academy in West Chester, PA
The benefit of attending trucking school at a company like A Duie Pyle is to be in the prime position for a trucking job. You are trained by your employer, so you learn the ways and processes of that particular company. It’s a great way to optimize your truck driver training.
By going to training with a trucking carrier, you also can save money. For example, at this truck driving academy, drivers earn a paycheck while training. Instead of paying thousands of dollars, you can start earning those thousands yourself.
Private Trucking Schools
The most popular option for truck driving students tends to be a private trucking school. By choosing a professional trucking company to train you, you retain the freedom to work for any trucking company you want when you graduate. This is a relief for trucking students who might be unsure about what type of trucking job or freight hauls they want to get into when they start work. Here are the Pennsylvania trucking schools that are independent of trucking companies:
- All State Career in West Mifflin, Essington, and Lester, PA
- Professional Drivers Academy in Milton, PA
- Schuylkill Technology Center in Frackville, PA
- Smith & Solomon Training Solutions in Philadelphia, Dupont, and Norristown, PA
- Somerset County Votech Training School in Somerset, PA
- SUN Area Technical Institute in New Berlin, PA
- Total Equipment Training in Chester Springs, PA
- Trans American Tech Institute in Jermyn, PA
- Truck Driver Institute in Irwin, PA
- York County School of Technology in York, PA
- Clearfield County Career and Technology Center in Clearfield, PA
- DCS School of Driving in York and Monroeville, PA
- Lenape Tech Adult and Continuing Education in Ford City, PA
- McCann School in Allentown, Wilkes-Barre, and Carlisle, PA
- New Castle School of Trades in New Castle, PA
For students worried about being able to pay for trucking school, the tuition reimbursement programs at trucking companies can help. Here is where you’ll find trucking carriers that will pay you back for all of your truck driving school tuition. This way, when you graduate you can select the company you think is the best fit for you. Here at Trucker Classifieds, we have company profiles for trucking carriers in PA and the rest of the US.
Colleges and Truck Driver Training
There are also several colleges and technical institutes that train trucking students in Pennsylvania including:
- Rosedale Technical College in Pittsburgh, PA
- Northampton Community College in Tobyhanna, Tannersville, and Bethlehem, PA
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg, PA
- Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology in Bellefonte and Pleasant Gap, PA
- Central Pennsylvania Community College in Harrisburg, PA
- Lehigh Career and Technical Institute in Schnecksville, PA
- Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center in Johnstown, PA
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center in Willow Street, PA
By choosing a community college or technical school, you get to experience a more authentic college life. For younger student drivers, this is the ideal solution for training to become a truck driver. In fact, some students might find that only the community or technical college setting works for them when getting a CDL. It’s the feeling of being around other students who are studying other subjects—not just all future truck drivers of America.
At the same time, by going to a community college or technical institute for truck driver training, you often have to pay out of pocket. Yes, you can get tuition reimbursement from PA trucking companies that offer it. However, you may decide to become an owner-operator or to work for an independent local trucking company.
Finding a Trucking Job After School
Keep in mind, in either of these situations, you’re going to be stuck paying for your CDL training. That’s why it’s a good idea to look at nationwide trucking companies that are hiring near you. You’ll find that these bigger trucking companies are more likely to give you tuition reimbursement and other driver benefits, such as sign-on bonuses.
In that case, we have hundreds of thousands of trucking job listings here on Trucker Classifieds. Search among our top paying companies hiring student drivers today. You can go ahead and get a jumpstart on preparing for your future trucking job.
We feature plenty of trucking jobs paying top dollar. Find out what these companies are looking for among student drivers. Plus, check out which companies pay out tuition reimbursements to new truck drivers hired on. This can help you map out your trucking career from the get-go.
Check Out Trucker Classifieds
Whether you choose to go to trucking school at a trucking company academy, private school, or college, you’ll get the tools you need to make your career a success. It all starts with choosing the right training program for you, followed by choosing the right trucking job. Let Trucker Classifieds help you out all along the way.
All of our trucking news and information is readily available to you so you can learn everything you need to know about becoming the best trucker you can be. Learn more by browsing our trucking jobs here on Trucker Classifieds today!
More like this:
Tuesday, Nov 13 2018With the 2002 Cargo Securement rules that were put into action in 2004, vast changes were made to the way the FMCSA handled cargo securement. This includes any freight load, particular with flatbed trailers, that requires additional covering or ties to hold it in place during transit. Tie downs, tarps, straps, and ... read more
Tuesday, Oct 23 2018Did you get into the trucking industry because you want to avoid having a boss breathing down your neck? Do you crave independence and freedom? What better way to go than with a truck lease so you can own your own big rig. As a truck owner and operator, you ... read more
Thursday, Oct 18 2018Becoming a truck driver is an exciting adventure. You get to traverse the many lanes of getting your commercial driver’s license and finding a trucking job. We have a suggestion that seems to work well for most new truck drivers. Start your journey by going to trucking school in ... read more